If you are an individual therapist, salon or spa the Amethyst Trust and the International Beauty and Holistic Academy (IBHA) provides a unique qualification with high quality training to learn massage techniques and adaptations in a confident, caring, safe and effective way.
This training course is a recognised VTCT qualification and includes our unique Amethyst Trust Specialist Cancer Massage training which is endorsed by Penny Brohn UK and Standards Authority for Touch in Cancer Care (SATCC) and is fully insurable.
This is a comprehensive course covering theory and practical considerations when offering massage therapies to clients who have either experienced or are in treatment for cancer and life limiting conditions.
This course will cover:
- Advanced consultation skills to ensure safe treatment planning, appropriate contraindications of the specified treatments for complementary therapists
- Working with healthcare professionals
- Principles of providing complementary therapies in a healthcare setting
- Dispelling the myths around massaging clients with cancer
- The benefits of massage therapy for clients with cancer
- Traditional massage considerations and adaptations - knowledge over and above the normal massage qualification specifications
- Practical massage applications
- Introduction to other massage systems and supports that may be useful in your therapy room
- Exceptional standards on client care and communications
- Medical terminology
- Commercialism and professionalism
- Marketing support
- Insurance requirements
- There are four assignments, one for each unit
- Eight case studies for clients (3 clients twice to demonstrate a progression and gain feedback and 2 more clients)
- There is no theory exam paper for this qualification
Students will be continuously assessed by the tutor during the theory and practical sessions to ensure competence; health and safety, consultation, managing client’s expectations, communication, adaptation of massage techniques and aftercare.
To be able to take this course therapists are required to be a complementary therapist who is qualified to a minimum of Level 3 (or equivalent) in anatomy and physiology and at least one complementary therapy such as massage therapy, aromatherapy or reflexology.
Course structure and delivery:
- Unit 1; Interpersonal skills for the complementary therapist – 2 professional discussions done by online video call
- Unit 2: Provide complementary therapies for people with life limiting conditions – attend Amethyst Trust Specialist Cancer Massage by video call and carry out and document evidence for a minimum of eight case studies for clients (3 clients twice to demonstrate a progression and gain feedback and 2 more clients)
- Unit 3: Working with healthcare professionals – assignment
- Unit 4: Principles of providing complementary therapies in a healthcare setting – assignment
This course is available to therapists who have completed the Amethyst Trust course and to those completely new to the Amethyst Trust Specialist Cancer Massage. You can start the course anytime as it is based on home study and case studies. Course fee is £811.
Special offer £995 (normally £1,378.60) and includes:
- Level 4 Providing Therapies for Clients with Cancer or other life Limiting Conditions
- Amethyst Trust Specialist Cancer Massage
- Hydrotherm Level 1 Massage
Amethyst graduates receive £100 off of this price. To book follow the link: Amethyst Trust Level 4 Diploma Course.
For more information about this course email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Head Office on 01452 414770.