Our experience has shown that regular massage for people with experience of cancer can:
- Lead to improved physical and emotional confidence
- Help people to express their emotions and deal with anger
- Help people experience a new sense of hope and positivity
- Help develop a greater acceptance of their emotional and physical circumstances
- Reduce isolation and reduce fear
- Reduce nausea
- Restore a sense of balance and wellbeing
- Provide a sense of calm
- Reduce symptoms of pain and discomfort
- Improve sleep
- Help people feel special
The benefits of massage are well known and documented going back 4,000 years in ancient China. It is the main component in the majority of Salon and Spa services.
If you are wishing to experience the wonderful world of massage and have experience of cancer then the Amethyst Trust provides a list of reputable therapists, spas and salons that can offer you treatments safely, with confidence and competence and ensure your experience is exactly what you need.
For Salons and Spas...
If you are a therapist or business owner and would like to welcome clients with experience of cancer into your business the Amethyst Trust can provide quality training to learn massage techniques and adaptations in a confident, caring, safe and effective way and a comprehensive 'bolt on' insurance package to make sure you are fully covered. All training is delivered by industry experts: