This is a specially designed training course for qualified massage professionals, covering theory and practical considerations of offering massage therapies to clients who have either experienced or are in treatment for cancer.
This one day course will cover:
- Dispelling the myths around massaging clients who have either experience or are in treatment for cancer
- The benefits of massage therapy for clients with cancer
- Extending consultation skills to ensure safe treatment planning, appropriate contraindications of the specified treatments
- Traditional massage; considerations and adaptations - practical and theory knowledge over and above the normal massage qualification specifications
- Practical massage applications
- Introduction to the Hydrotherm Massage System
- Exceptional standards on client care and communications
- Medical terminology
- Commercialism and professionalism
- Reflective practice
- Insurance requirements
- The next steps - should you want to progress further
Students will be continuously assessed by the tutor during the practical training to ensure competence; health and safety, consultation, managing client's expectations, communication, adaptation of massage techniques and aftercare.
A short written assessment will also be undertaken.
Level 3 in Body Massage or equivilent*.
Qualification certificates must be shown on the day.
*If you are not sure that you have the necessary pre requisite then please contact email@example.com for confirmation.
One day. Students studying this course are encouraged to go on to further study.
All training and course materials:
- Individual therapist £258*
- 2-6 therapists from the same business £192* each
- 7-10 therapists from the same business £172.80* each
- 10+ therapists from the same business £162* each
- For larger groups and colleges or if you would like the Amethyst Trust to train your staff onsite please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note all course fees are inclusive of VAT after a £30 donation is deducted for the Amethyst Trust. Terms and conditions apply.
Dates and Locations
If the following dates and locations are not suitable please email us to help you find something more suitable.
Friday 22nd February 2019 International Beauty & Holistic Academy, Gloucester
Wednesday 27th March 2019 International Beauty & Holistic Academy, Gloucester
Friday 26th April 2019 International Beauty & Holistic Academy, Gloucester