This is a specially designed training course for qualified massage professionals, covering theory and practical considerations of offering massage therapies to clients who have either experienced or are in treatment for cancer.
This course will cover:
- Dispelling the myths around massaging clients who have either experience or are in treatment for cancer
- The benefits of massage therapy for clients with cancer
- Extending consultation skills to ensure safe treatment planning, appropriate contraindications of the specified treatments
- Traditional massage; considerations and adaptations - practical and theory knowledge over and above the normal massage qualification specifications
- Practical massage applications
- Exceptional standards on client care and communications
- Medical terminology
- Commercialism and professionalism
- Reflective practice
- Case studies
- Insurance requirements
- The next steps - should you want to progress further
Students will be continuously assessed by the tutor during the practical training to ensure competence; health and safety, consultation, managing client's expectations, communication, adaptation of massage techniques and aftercare.
A short written assessment will also be undertaken.
Level 3 in Body Massage or equivalent*.
Qualification certificates must be shown on enrollment.
*If you are not sure that you have the necessary pre requisite then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for confirmation.
Online home study precludes a practical training day and is followed by further study in the form of case studies. Students studying this course are encouraged to go on to further study such as the Level 4 Diploma in Providing Therapies for Those Living with Cancer and Life Limiting Conditions.
All training and course materials:
- Individual therapist £300
- 2-6 therapists from the same business £230 each
- 7+ therapists from the same business £200 each
Dates and Locations
If the following dates and locations are not suitable please email us to help you find something more suitable.
Thursday 27th January 2022 International Beauty & Holistic Academy, Gloucester